


So the month of May has not been such a good month. I believe in karma so asked Heath if we put some bad karma out in the universe --we couldn't think of any. He said sometimes you just have bad luck well this is some real bad luck.
It started off when I parked Tori ( my new Tahoe) in the visitor lot at school during residency training. I parked it there because we were going to be at school for over 12 hours and I don't have a parking sticker for my new car. When I left the lot and went to eat with some classmates I discovered that my car had been hit on the passenger side. It was scraped and dented all the way down. I figured someone had pulled in and hit me and hit me on the way out too. No note was left but I figured it was some poor med student who didn't have insurance so I made peace with it. That is why you have insurance. When I took it to the claims adjuster he said a piece of construction equipment had hit me not a car. Can you believe that? What bad luck. And it did alot of damage. But once again that is why you have insurace.
But then not even a week later--we were getting our bathtub fixed a bathtub that we had been trying to get fixed since before we moved in--things got worse. A leak from the wall in the master bedroom so Candace ( who was in town visiting) and I started cleaning it up. But the plumber said he fixed it however the water kept coming up. We still had a leak but we couldn't find it. So I called the plumber out again and a restoration crew. What made things so sad was I just finished unpacking every box and had the entire house set up and cleaned. And now I had to box things up and move furniture back into the garage it was like going in reverse. The plumber couldn't find the leak and water had to keep running and I watched as room by room my brand new home filled with water. It was awful. By the end of the day I had no carpet in downstairs I was left with concrete, no baseboards, holes in my walls and loud fans to dry everything out. They finally found the leak. It was coming up from an abandoned pipe that was supposed to an outside hose at one point but was abandoned --however when the plumber tied in the pipe to fix the bathtub it made this line "live" again and it just poured out like a fountain underneath our bed. The only good thing is the house is under warranty and the builder is at fault so everything is getting replaced. I basically getting a new new house but it is taking forever. It has been frustrating for me I am not a patient person and I hate a mess. I know that you are suppose to make lemonade when life hands you lemons but I think someone forgot the sugar in this lemonade batch.

No comments:
Post a Comment